Friday 7 June 2013

Drug traffickers arrested at Lagos airport

Aviation Nigeria

Three persons have been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International airport Lagos.

Elioku Simeon Chibuzor, 28; Ogbu Obioma Leonard, 37 and Uzobude Vitus Uju, 43 years were apprehended for injecting  161 wraps of narcotics weighing 3.085kg. Two of the suspects were importing the drugs into the country while one was caught attempting to export the drugs to London.

NDLEA Airport Commander Hamza Umar, who confirmed the arrests said one of the suspects alleged that drug barons were after his life for excreting the drugs he ingested at the airport toilet in Doha.
Elioku who hails from Anambra State narrating how he was arrested said he was promised $2000 to smuggle the drugs from Brazil to Doha


"When I got to Doha, the person who ought to collect the drug from me failed to show up. It was for fear of being caught that made me to dispose the drugs at the airport toilet. I never knew that six wraps were left in my stomach. Now, I have been arrested and the owners of the drugs are after my life." He said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment